Saturday, January 7, 2012

15/15/15 Spread - Hallowe'en in Wonderland

I just completed an art journal page as part of the 15/15/15 round robin I mentioned in my previous post.  This is a spread for Pandora's "Hallowe'en in Wonderland", an Alice in Wonderland Halloween themed journal.  I was really hesitant to get started in her journal as I'm not particularly a fan of Alice in Wonderland!  And, to be honest I don't even remember the last time I saw the movie. I suppose if my son was a little girl, I would have become a fan by default...but, that's just not the case.  As a result, I had NO IDEA where to start.

On the other hand, the Red Queen images from the 2010 remake of the movie have always been intriguing to me so I decided to start with her and then see where it took me.  First I needed to do a little research on her character and quickly realized she is one tough lady...thus the caption!  After I completed her, I started on her masquerade mask.  After all, every queen needs a proper Halloween costume and the rest just came together. 

Now that I've completed this spread, I'm inspired to watch both the original and remake of Alice in Wonderland.  Go figure!

2 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying looking at everyone's journal entries,each one a different style, This is fabulous Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mary! This one was REALLY tough for me! I really appreciate your encouragement (as always!).

    ReplyDelete