Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday Baking

I devoted the entire day to holiday baking.  It's been a few years since I REALLY baked for the holidays so it was really fun to get into the spirit of it. 

This year, I not only baked for the annual family Christmas dinner that I host...I also baked for charity.  My department at work decided to adopt a family this year for the holidays.  Soooo, being the perpetual party planner that I am, I thought it would be a good idea to host a bake sale at work with all of the proceeds going to the family we adopted.  Me and 6 other bakers elected to bake at least 6 dozen of something or other for the bake sale.  Only requirement is that it's home-made. 

Here's my round up: 
Cream cheese peppermint bars, oatmeal toffee cookies,
peppermint thin mints, oreo cookie truffles & snicker fudge. 

Thank goodness most of these treats are leaving the house on Tuesday (for the charity event) or I might over-indulge.  In the meantime, I need to steer clear of the refrigerator in the garage.  

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the sound of the oatmeal toffee cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! They are delicious. Had to hide them (and the other treats) in the garage refrigerator (out of site, out of mind!) or I'd be 400lbs by the end of the year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete