Thursday, July 21, 2011

Never Dull Again & Again

I have been having so much fun with Never Dull and magazine pages.  I made about 10 background pages today. 

First you find a magazine page that appeals to you.  I find that pages with very little writing and darker colors work best.  Pages with white backgrounds do not work at all.  Then you place an embossing template (or something with texture) under the page and scrub away with Never Dull.  The pattern will then appear on the magazine page.  After that I added a ton of ink (in complimentary colors), stenciled on some acrylic patterns...added some rub-ons (I have a huge stash from my scrapbooking days that I'm more than happy to use up!) and there you have it, a fresh background page for your art journal. 

Here's a page I finished today.  I was very inspired by the advertisement for plates.  You can easily see which plates inspired me most!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'll have to try this stuff looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete