Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gnome Dotee Swap

I recently hosted a Gnome Dotee Swap over at Milliande.  I'm happy to say that the last of the Gnomes have made their way to me and now they are ready to be packed up and sent out to their permanent homes.  I sure have enjoyed having these little guys (and a few gals), hanging around in my art space.  But, sadly it's time to let go.


Here is a group shot of all of the submissions.


Mel (Australia) made these little cuties.  They are made from felt, beads and all hand stitched.  This was Mel's first attempt at a Dotee and I have to say, you certainly can't tell by looking at these.  Poor Mel was so worried about sending these out to me because she was delayed a bit.  She was literally stuck at home due to all the rain Australia was getting a few weeks ago.  The roads were flooded and blocked so she couldn't get to the post office for what seemed like weeks.  Happy to hear that she is no longer under water! 


Lois from the (US) submitted these clever guys and gals.  They are made from a variety of materials including denim, tulle, beads, lace...on and on.  I love how Lois made them all so very different. 


These came from Monika (Australia).  Monika's work never ceases to amaze me and these are no exception.  These are made from fabric and beads and they are hand felted.  I was so inspired when I first saw a picture of these on her blog, I decided to give felting a shot. 


These little cuties are from Toos (Netherlands).  They are made from fabric, lace, beads and are all hand stitched.  I love how they look like they are sleeping and smiling at the same time....happy dreams!

 These are my contribution to the swap.  Hand stitched and made from fabric, beads & fur. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Liz, the gnomes look fabulous!:-) Can't wait to see which ones will be sent to their new home Downunder;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look what I missed They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete