Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For Our Children

Being a mother has really impacted the way I think and treat the world around me.  I worry about what my son will face when he is my age...many years from now.  It's really been on my mind a lot lately... 

Perhaps it's because I witnessed something the other day that stopped me in my tracks...LITERALLY!  My son and I were walking our dog when all of a sudden I saw someone throwing a bag of garbage out of their car window onto the ground as they drove away.  I seriously COULD NOT believe my eyes.  Really?!  WOW!!!  I stood their with my mouth wide open.  Speechless.  If you know me, you'd know that I'm not at a loss for words very often. 

What does one say to someone who commits the crass act of littering?  Nothing.  In my mind, anyone who could do THAT does not have their head screwed on straight.  Certainly not someone I want to confront.  Regardless, I have been bothered by it for over a week now.  I just had to get it off my chest and this journal page is the result.   

3 comments:

  1. I know how you fee Liz! It is one of my pet hates Litter drags down a community. I almost got myself into deep water a couple of years ago when I complained to someone about the litter they had dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    Haven't been here in awhile. I love your header and recent artwork.

    I am an environmentalist at heart, I love nature and it really disturbs me to see litter and pollution in general.

    I was so mad one time seeing our beach littered with garbage. I was murmuring to myself what slobs people are...and then a large Raven swooped down upon the garbage can. He picked out bags of garbage and threw them all over. So, it made me realize not all people are *&^%$#* pigs! ;}
    Keeping my bad thoughts at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting ladies! Yes, it angers me to no end when I see people destroying our beautiful world with their garbage. My biggest peeve is when people leave dirty diapers on the beach for someone else to pick up...nice example they are setting for their children. Wonder what other wonderful things they teach their kids.

    ReplyDelete