Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Santa Amazon Came Today!

Yaaaaay!  I got home from work to find a welcome surprise waiting on my doorstep.  The books I ordered from Amazon have arrived.   Oh yes!

I'm SUPER excited about the Scott Weiland Memoir - "Not Dead and Not For Sale".  I have been waiting for it to be published for some time now.  Oh, how I love that man!  For those of you who don't know who he is, he was (and is again, since the band just reunited), the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots.  For a couple of years he was also the lead singer of Velvet Revolver.  My God, the man is hot!  Not a very good shot of him on the cover though.  Much too skinny for my liking.  He looks better with some meat on his bones!  Sadly, he has a reputation for being a bit of a drug abuser and sometimes it shows..this is one of those times, I think.  Anyway, enough of that.

I also ordered Misty Mawn's new book Unfurling (love her work!) and a surface techniques book that I cannot wait to dig into and test out.

But first, I must grab my glass of vino and read up on the hottest man on earth!


Couldn't help but add some other pictures of Mr. Weiland.  One of the things that I admire about him is his love of fashion.  I'm NOT referring to the typical rocker-type fashion.  I'm referring to fine clothing; beautifully tailored suits and old school fidora's (not today's poser fidora's), for example.  The man has a sense of style that's untouchable!



2 comments:

  1. Santa Amazon has brought you a bountiful offering:-) It so happens that today my "unfurling" arrived!!:-) Happy reading!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfurling is what inspired me to carve a few stamps. I'm liking her book.

    ReplyDelete