Friday, June 3, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

It's a really good thing that I finished painting the box today (that I posted about 2 days ago) because I was pretty close to aborting the mission.  As mentioned in that previous post, too much time on one project causes me to get antsy and lose interest.  I've tracked myself and I'm good for about 1 week on a project.  I admittedly have a slight (probably a lot more than slight) case of ADD...and the constant flow of caffeine in my veins doesn't help I'm sure.  It's really amazing that I'm a Project Manager in my real life.  How I don't abandon long term projects that I manage is pretty impressive given my self diagnosis. I guess because it's my livelihood, I just have learned to "suck it up".  Gotta pay for all of my art supplies somehow...forget the house payment...it's the art supplies I'm concerned about!  LOL.  You creative types know what I mean!

Anyway, here's the finished box.  I got to a mid stage with it today where I HATED IT and was ready to take a hammer to it (not really, but I like the way that sounds - very dramatic).  Somewhere between the crackle paint, sandpaper and walnut ink I seriously thought I was going to trash the project.  Then I kept at it and now I like the end result.  At first it got too muddy and the entire design disappeared into the background.  Luckily I was able to bring back only certain parts, like the tree of life and it's vines, so it all worked out for the best.  Now it's officially done and ready to be used in my art space.  Form and function...gotta love it!

These pictures really don't do it justice since you can't see it's sheen.  I also used some Perfect Pearls sprays which added that sheen.  Oh, and I also glazed it with some of Tracy Bautista's Collage Pauge with Sparkles.  Love that stuff!



2 comments:

  1. This is great Liz and how I agree with you about losing interest.I also cannot reproduce the same item over and over again once done I have to move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not alone Mary. I blame it on a bad case of ADD! LOL.

    ReplyDelete