Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Obsession Has Returned...

My obsession for boxes that is! 

In a previous post I mentioned that I love boxes of all kinds.  I especially love it when I can paint a box (that was once plain and ordinary) and change it dramatically!  It's just so gratifying.

I came across this lonely bare box in my art space the other day and decided to give it a makeover.  To be honest, I have so much stuff packed in this little tiny room, I forgot I had this box. 

In the past month or so I've been working on art journal pages, ATC's, twinchies, dotee dolls and felting projects so changing it up and painting a box was exactly what the doctor ordered.

I'm still in the process of completing it...but here are a few work in progress photos.




 Getting there....


I have a few ideas about how I'm going to finish it...some things off the top of my head....
  1. It's definitely a bit too bright even for my taste...a little walnut ink will tone that down.
  2. It's also a bit too new looking...hmmm...sandpaper!?
  3. And...it's lacking texture and dimension...crackle paint?  beads? 
  4. I picture a few birds and/or butterflies incorporated
  5. Maybe a word or two...
DID SOMEONE SAY BEADS!? 

I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the week;  by then, I'll be good and tired of painting it and ready to move on for sure!  I get bored with projects that take too long....if a project takes too long there's always a risk of abandonment. 

I'm just a bit too fickle and impatient for my own good!! 

Stay tuned for the unveiling of the finished product...unless it just takes too long! 


No comments:

Post a Comment