Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love At First Sight

A while back I mentioned that I had a futon in my art space that was taking up valuable real estate...and it was the most uncomfortable futon on the face of the planet. 

Well, I'm excited to say that it has a new home...my brothers house!  It was serendipity.  He needed a futon for his TV room, and I needed space.  And...he came and picked it up.  YES!!!

Out with the old...


Once it was gone, I was on a mission to find a piece of furniture that was attractive with ample storage for some of my big things, ie, sewing machine, cricut cutter, etc.  I found it!  Sitting proudly in a consignment shop was this incredible Ming chest.  Given that I love anything Asian (art, food, old furniture),  It was love at first sight!!  It has a couple of shelves inside and a few drawers...perfecto! 

In with the new...



















As you can see, I've already cluttered it up.  See....told you I needed more storage!

1 comment:

  1. Futon's should come with a health warning I am not sure why but in our early years of marriage we thought it would be a good idea to sleep on a very (at the time ) Trendy Futon.
    What were we thinking it was like sleeping on rocks.
    Your chest is great(: he he

    ReplyDelete