Turns out, every Wednesday is "Tip Day". Today the tip was "7 Tips for Minding Your Own Business" which contained some great advice. However, I find this previous tip day post, "Secrets of Adulthood" to be more intriguing. Most of what this site has to offer is pretty straight forward - but, tips we often forget, which is key. I will be visiting this site often.
Gretchen Rubin ~
Here are my "Secrets of Adulthood". Although these items may not seem particularly profound, each one was a revelation when I finally figured it out:
- The days are long, but the years are short.
- Someplace, keep an empty shelf.
- Turning the computer on and off a few times often fixes a glitch.
- It's okay to ask for help.
- You can choose what you do; you can't choose what you LIKE to do.
- Happiness doesn't always make you feel happy.
- What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE.
- You don't have to be good at everything.
- Soap and water removes most stains.
- It's important to be nice to EVERYONE.
- You know as much as most people.
- Over-the-counter medicines are very effective.
- Eat better, eat less, exercise more.
- What's fun for other people may not be fun for you -- and vice versa.
- People actually prefer that you buy wedding gifts off their registry.
- If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough.
- No deposit, no return.