Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Happiness Project

As with most people, I spend my fair share of time surfing blogs and websites.  Most sites I run across are good...but today, I ran across a site called The Happiness Project  that I REALLY like...and more importantly a post, that I loved.

Turns out, every Wednesday is "Tip Day".  Today the tip was "7 Tips for Minding Your Own Business" which contained some great advice.  However, I find this previous tip day post, "Secrets of Adulthood" to be more intriguing.  Most of what this site has to offer is pretty straight forward - but, tips we often forget, which is key.  I will be visiting this site often. 

Gretchen Rubin ~
Here are my "Secrets of Adulthood". Although these items may not seem particularly profound, each one was a revelation when I finally figured it out:
  • The days are long, but the years are short.
  • Someplace, keep an empty shelf.
  • Turning the computer on and off a few times often fixes a glitch.
  • It's okay to ask for help.
  • You can choose what you do; you can't choose what you LIKE to do.
  • Happiness doesn't always make you feel happy.
  • What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE.
  • You don't have to be good at everything.
  • Soap and water removes most stains.
  • It's important to be nice to EVERYONE.
  • You know as much as most people.
  • Over-the-counter medicines are very effective.
  • Eat better, eat less, exercise more.
  • What's fun for other people may not be fun for you -- and vice versa.
  • People actually prefer that you buy wedding gifts off their registry.
  • If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough.
  • No deposit, no return.
I must admit to removing a few tips that I didn't necessarily agree with.  And, I resisted the temptation to add a few of my own to keep the post authentic.

1 comment: