Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For Big HAPPY Mistakes

Look what I found tonight at The Dollar Tree?  A pile of monster erasers!  These erasers are HUGE.  6 inches long x 2 inches wide and almost 1 inch thick.  Just check out how big they look next to their standard counterparts. 



At this point, I'm sure you are saying to yourself  "so what, do you really need 10 monster size erasers?"  Well, when I explain my plans for them, you might be excited too!

I plan on using them to make my own rubber stamps.  Ahhhhh....now I've peaked your interest, haven't I?

Each BIG eraser was a buck.  The smaller ones were a buck for a package of 6.  I spent $12 to make at least 22 hand carved stamps.  BARGAIN compared to how much the rubber stamp tiles cost at Michaels.  I believe I bought one once and it was $6 bucks!

I bet you are saying to yourself now "I gotta go check out The Dollar Tree".  Caught you!  Truth is, I went there searching for these.  I heard from a friend that they carry these huge erasers from time to time, but I haven't seen them since I started looking a few months ago.  Until tonight!

I'll be posting my rubber stamps soon, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I'm on my way to the dollar tree. I do hate spending money at Michael's. I never leave there without spending at least 40 bucks.

    Thanks for your comment about my cat. He is actually all better. Maybe there are ghosts here! Only I'm not freaked out I'm intrigued, would love to have a ghost. A friendly one of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you do go Denni, they were in the section with the school supplies and they were in a basket, not on hangers.

    So glad to hear your kitty is better! I am super-superstitious and really believe in ghosts so hearing the story of your cat instantly made me think you might have guests of some sort. Casper type of course! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bargaing you got Liz!! I thought they might be for stamp carving! Enjoy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...I thought it was a bargain Monika. Those rubber stamp tiles are expensive otherwise!

    ReplyDelete