Saturday, June 25, 2011

Foodie Friday and the Appetizer Queen

I know it isn't Friday, but I was in the mood to post about appetizers.  I'm in the "party" spirit because I am visiting extended family today in the wine country (Sonoma/Napa Valley) and have been assigned the task of bringing appetizers and wine. 



I guess I'm officially the "appetizer queen" for family functions because everyone always asks me to bring them.  OR, maybe everything else I make is not so good!  ;-)  Either way, today I am making my Pesto & Sundried Tomato Tarts that I've been making FOREVER!  I think my pre-adult nephews will come unglued if I don't bring them (so their mother says!).  And, I'm also making a recipe that I just began making this year that has been a big hit.  I got this recipe from my boss.  She brought them for a work function and everyone raved. 

I won't give you the exact recipe (because I don't use it anymore), since no matter what you do, I don't think you can mess these up. 

Southern Living Meatballs

1 bag of frozen meatballs of your choice.  (I have found Smart & Finals small frozen meatballs to be the best - we did a taste test one day.  Costco meatballs are second runner up.)
1 regular size jar of sour cherry jam/preserves.
1 large bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
2 whole chipotle peppers (the ones in the can in sauce)
3 tablespoons of the chipotle pepper sauce

Simmer all the ingredients in a pot until meatballs are no longer frozen and the ingredients have melded together.  Serve in small crock pot or chaffing dish to keep warm. 

Enjoy!