Monday, June 6, 2011

Swap Scoop

So much happens over at Milliande it's sometimes hard to keep up!  That must be pretty obvious by now since many of my posts are about a Milliande swap of some sort...

In January of this year I started participating in the monthly Art Journal Page Swap at Milliande.  The participants create 2 - 5x7 inch art journal pages based on prompts provided by the hostess (at the time it was Nina) and then send the pages to their swap partner at the end of the month (different swap partner  randomly assigned every month).

Last month Nina announced that she was no longer going to be hosting the swap.   She had hosted the swap since it started over a year ago so it's understandable that she wanted to move on.  BUT, I WAS BUMMED!  I so anticipated collecting a beautiful array of art journal pages from different participants all over the world!  And, Nina did such a great job of hosting the swap.  I visualized one day being able to bind all of the pages together into a beautiful Art Journal.  With the news of her resigning, my plans were squashed.  In my mind, I was just getting started.  Then, it dawned on me...why don't I volunteer to host?!  I'm really glad I did.  I've become so fond of creating and receiving those 5x7 journal pages.  I just couldn't let the swap die.

This is my first month hosting and I decided to go a bit morbid with one of the prompts.  Turns out that I received positive feedback as a result.  Seems some of the ladies prefer to create darker pages as opposed to "cutesy" pages.
  • Seven Deadly Sins (choose one sin) - Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed, Sloth.  This is a good site for more info on each of the 7 Deadly Sins  including symbols & colors for each "sin".
  • Genie in a Bottle - If I had one wish it would be...
I look forward to  posting some of the finished pages here...with approval from the artists of course.  If you want to join in, go to Milliande/Sub Groups/Art Swaps and look for the monthly Art Journal Swap.  If Art Journals don't float your boat, there are always a few other swaps going on to choose from. 

Check it out, you'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. You are right about the amount going on I have to keep a list going or else I will miss deadlines. I am looking forward to the page swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Mary! I write everything down or I know I'll forget...

    ReplyDelete