Friday, May 13, 2011

Mothers...gotta love em!

As I said in my last post...no sooner does one project end, when another begins.

Beth over at Milliande is hosting a "Mothers" ATC Swap.  I'm guessing most of the participants will be using personal pictures of their mothers...for me, that just seems so intrusive right now.  Check back with me in a few years and I'm sure I'll feel differently...

I feel very guarded and protective over my mother these days...even just pictures of her.  I guess it all has to do with the fact that she was taken away from me, from us, in a very sudden and tragic way not even 2 years ago.  It still stings to think about it. I guess I should be proud to show off pictures of my mom...and I am, I just don't know how I feel about someone owning a picture of her.  Weird.

For the sake of this post, these are obviously not pictures of me and my mom or I'd really be aging gracefully!  I do however, have a soft spot for vintage photos and postcards so it was easy to find some images that fit this prompt. 


Had I made cards using an image of my mother, I'd have a ton to choose from.  Here's a few of my favorite vintage photos.  Such the cutie if I must say so myself.  I see a lot of her in my son - especially looking at the picture of her with her dog "Bootsie":






2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your Mom. My Mom died 2 years ago after a very long illness. I feel the same about sharing personal pics of my Mom. Just like your beautiful cards, I used pictures that were not her. I love you site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you come back often. It still deeply saddens me to think about the loss of my mom. She was in remission from cancer and then passed away from a very bad fall. My brothers and I had to made the horrible decision to let her go. Making these cards was a joy though! Thank you for your compliments! x0

    ReplyDelete