Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm the Luckiest Girl on Earth!

Everywhere I look in my art space is a piece of artwork made by some incredible artists (including my own son's artwork).  Not only is the work absolutely beautiful and genius, it's a constant source of inspiration for me. 

It's funny, when I look at each piece I can see in my mind some of the other work these artists have completed.  How lucky am I to have such vivid thoughts these days?  Being able to visualize all of this has really helped to open my mind to the world around me, beyond just the artwork hanging in my space...

The other day it struck me when I saw an ordinary white construction truck with mud dripping down the sides.  In the not so distant past, I would have seen the mud for what it is.  Ugly, brown mud.  Somehow my mind has been altered lately...now I also noticed the texture and pattern the mud made.  It then became a thing of beauty. 

Speaking of incredible artists...

You may recall from previous posts that I participated in a Day of the Dead Dotee Swap and a Matchbox Swap over at Milliande.  Well, yesterday I received my swaps direct from the hostess with the most-ess, Palma R.  (Italy).  These pieces have literally been all over the world...


Lynn K (UK),  Lois L. (US). & Denni M. (US)

I'm not sure who made the first one. That is still under investigation! 
Monika S. (Australia) & Julie P. (US)


I told you I'm the Luckiest Girl on Earth...at least in my own mind!

3 comments:

  1. You had a haul, Liz!!:-) I am still waiting for mine to arrive... loved your post and can relate! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    You've aquired some wonderful treasures there! The matchboxes are awesome and Lynn and Lois' dolls too. This is the firs time I've ever entered any swaps and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new additions to my art space! I know Denni, I'm quite addicted to swaps now.

    ReplyDelete