Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bluebird of Happiness

Mary from Tin Can Tart is hosting an ATC swap over at Milliande entitled Bluebird of Happiness.  I had no idea what the Bluebird of Happiness was until Mary posted the lyrics from the song of the same name.

Wikipedia - Bluebird of Happiness

BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS
(Words by Edward Heyman and Harry Parr Davies / Music by Sandor Harmati)
Art Mooney & His Orchestra - 1948

(verse)
The beggar man and his mighty king are only diff'rent in name,
For they are treated just the same by fate.
Today a smile and tomorrow tears,
We're never sure what's in store,
So learn your lesson before too late, so

(refrain)
Be like I, hold your head up high,
Till you find a bluebird of happiness.
You will find greater peace of mind
Knowing there's a bluebird of happiness.
And when he sings to you,
Though you're deep in blue,
You will see a ray of light creep through,
And so remember this, life is no abyss,
Somewhere there's a bluebird of happiness.

Life is sweet, tender and complete
When you find the bluebird of happiness.
You will find perfect peace of mind
When you find the bluebird of happiness.
Two hearts that beat as one,
'Neath a new found sun,
We are in a world that's just begun,
And you must sing his song, as you go along,
When you find the bluebird of happiness.

Here are my submissions for the swap.  I tried a new medium that I just learned called needle felting.  I love that the birds on the cards all turned out so different.  The last one being my favorite...perhaps it's because it was the last one I made and got a bit better at it with each bird.  I got so into it, once I finished the cards I also decided to make a bird.  Love my new birdie!  Super simple and super fun!  This will not be my last felting project...I'm sure of it!



2 comments:

  1. I love your little birds Liz, they are perfect! You've done a great job. Felting is one area I have never dabbled in but a girlfriend of mine makes the most fascinating eggs from felt, you just want to cuddle them until they hatch;)
    Birds seem to be the theme on Milliande, we are all in the process of receiving our matchbox bird shrines from a swap hosted by Palma, such beautiful work and so much fun!
    Cheers
    Marilyn♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Marilyn. This month seems to be the month of new mediums for me. First encaustic and now felting. I'm a wild woman! ;-)

    Felting is super easy, and super relaxing! You should really give it a try.

    I've been following the matchbox shrine posts and I wish I would have joined that swap...beautiful work is right! xo

    ReplyDelete