Saturday, May 7, 2011

All Good (& Naughty) Things Must Come to an End!

As you may know, recently I hosted an ATC Swap over at Milliande entitled "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"...my favorite quote of all time!  For those who know me well, the reason why it's my favorite quote is a no-brainer.  For those who don't know me well or at all...let's just say that I'm not a priss, or a prude...much to the contrary.  I was a little "nuts" when I was growing up but have since settled down. I'm sure I gave my parents every single grey hair they had.  As far as my son knows (and sees), I was/am a perfect angel.  Let's just keep it our little secret. 

Anyway...the deadline for the participants to get their cards to me was April 30th.  One set of cards just never made it.  As a result, Tasha gets the prize for the naughtiest girls, thus the Wanted sign.  Here's a recap of the swap:

Decorated and hand-made envelopes arrived almost daily from all over the world.  It was a pleasure going to my mailbox everyday.



These are the fabulous cards contained in the envelopes.  The subjects ranged from Georgia O'Keefe to Cleopatra.  You name it, these artists captured it!  Some of these cards are closed in the photo...and for good reason...after all this was a "Naughty Girl Swap". 






Wanted sign honoring Tasha's naughty girls.  Theory has it that they may be in Dublin, Ireland (since I live in Dublin, CA) or they may have detoured to Hollywood.  Maybe one day they might actually show up!


Over the last 2 days I've been addressing and decorating return envelopes for their journey out into the world.  Each participant will receive 2 new cards from different artists...and I made a card for each participant too as a thank you.


Oftentimes (though not required) participants will send little thank you gifts to the hostess for hosting the swap (in lieu of postage, the time involved, etc).  It's usually in the form of a wonderful handmade thank you card and/or art supplies and mixed media tid-bits.  The international participants in this swap sent coins for my son who is a coin collector, in addition to a ton of other sweet goodies. 




I had so much fun with this swap...I'm really sad to see it end!

No comments:

Post a Comment