Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekly Book Review - The Journal Junkies Workshop (Scott/Modler)

☻☻☻☺☺
While I think this book is good, I have not referred back to it since it's delivery last year.  Nor have I been inspired enough to actually read it cover to cover.  It's a book for artists who prefer a rough or crude journal page.  With that said (and I'm not being sexist here - I really enjoy the company of guys!!) it's just not a shocker that this was written by 2 guys.  It has a much different vibe as a result.  Don't get me wrong, it's filled with the standard art journaling tips and techniques...but they are presented amongst pages and pages of doodling reminiscent of my brother's high school Pee Chee folders (boy am I dating myself now!).  Bottom line, no girlie colorful eye candy here.  Just really cool "dude" doodling and good techniques...but nothing new and earth-shaking if you already have a few art journaling books.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment