Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Book Review - Art at the Speed of Life

☻☻☻☻☺
Being a HUGE fan of mixed media artist Pam Carriker, I could not wait to get my hands on a copy of her latest book Art at the Speed of Life and it did not disappoint.  It's filled with practical advice on how to create without getting bogged down with too many supplies (I didn't think there was such a thing..who knew!) & too little time; it's filled with inspiration and step by step instructions (even visuals...yaaaaay!) on how to create certain affects/pieces.  I like it!  I really do!

I must confess that I have yet to actually put any action to some of the advice or projects, but I'm confident that I will. One sure sign that I really like the book is that it has a spot in my work bag along with my travel art kit.  I'm pretty sure that it will remain in my bag for the next couple of weeks where I can get to it during sloooooooow times at work when I need a little art pick me up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, for the review. Sound like a book that I'd like to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete