Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage Score

I LOVE anything vintage.  I especially love meandering thru antique stores because they are always so interesting and YOU NEVER KNOW what you will find!

And quite the find I found on Friday!  I happened upon a huge floor rounder of vintage beads while visiting Old Towne Antiques Mall in Pleasanton, CA.  WOW!  I quickly dropped to my knees (trust me, it was the only way to get a good look) and started spinning in a frenzy...oh how I love beads!  They are just so versatile.  Buried beneath the hundreds of hanging zip lock bags was a diamond in the rough. Not only was it a major find, I couldn't believe the price.  $1.50.  This must be miss-marked I thought.  Nope, it wasn't.  I snatched it up immediately.  SCORE! 

Here it is!  It's far more beautiful in person!  I'm thinking about creating a wall collage of beaded flowers....or maybe adding this to a journal cover or box.  Either way, I'm so inspired and hope to showcase it in some very special way.  In the meantime, it sits glistening in my art space.

No comments:

Post a Comment