Monday, April 11, 2011

Art Journal Pages - Sisters Yet Worlds Apart...

Last Friday it was a super slooooooow day at work.  I mean so slow that I actually checked to make sure I didn't show up to work on a holiday.  No one seemed to be working (including my boss, although she did have a planned day off).  So, I really had NO OTHER CHOICE but to play around in my journal while answering the occasional call or email.

Luckily, about a week ago, I spent a couple of hours prepping all the pages with acrylic paint so my journal was ready to go...just in time for this slow day.  It was fate!

This is what I ended up with.   Aesthetically, I like many parts of it, and of course, some parts I don't care too much for, but that's beside the point. What I do LOVE about it is the story that I've conjured up in my mind about the 2 women portrayed.  Sisters who are living very different lives.  One clearly wealthy and the other not so privileged.  I've tried to imagine who is happier and more content with their life...and what each of their daily lives are like.  What do you think...what are their daily lives like?  Who is happier?  Why?  How is their relationship with each other given that their lives ARE so different? 

I've had fun with their story...the story of "Sisters Yet Worlds Apart"...


1 comment:

  1. If money created happiness I think American's would be some of the happiest people on earth. Sadly, we are not.
    Happiness, I think, is having a deep gratitude for your life and making the most of your time here on earth.
    I have very little money but I'm very happy. I love life and the natural world around me. I love to make things. I love helping people and animals. Creating and helping others makes me happy.

    Loneliness and boredem is what makes me unhappy.
    The thing is, I rarely am lonely or bored. I like being alone and in my own thoughts and dreams. I have two boys 11 and 9yrs old so when I get a chance to be alone I enjoy myself.
    When I'm bored I create or do something. I think once you step outside yourself and either step into the energy of the creative spirit, it is hard to be unhappy. Likewise, if you feel miserable, go help someone in need. It perks you right up!
    Just a few of my simple thoughts on your thought provoking sister story.
    By the way, I know a bit about sisters, I have four of them!
    Denise
    P.S. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete