Monday, April 11, 2011

Art Journal Page - Into the Eye of the Storm

About 2 months ago I played around with this background while watching my son at Kung Fu practice.  Nothing like doodling circles for an hour to get you relaxed and make the time pass.  I seem to have this thing for circles since they keep showing up on my journal pages.  It must be the fact that they have a sense of movement.  In this case, when all was said and done, the combination of circles seemed to simulate a storm or tornado. 

This weekend I revisted the background and the end result is a fun page...with emphasis on fun. Proportions are all distorted (her head and body) which I like and dislike at the same time.  Color is a bit dark and muddy, etc..  I'm learning to not let any of that matter as much.  Instead, I'm really trying to learn what I like and don't like, and the story that the page evokes in my head.  In this case, the character is walking into some kind of storm or chaos. I'm guessing by the looks of her, a self made storm or drama of some sort.

She kinda looks a bit "tarty" if you will.  I think she might be a member of a traveling circus or troop of some sort.  Hmmmm...what could the drama be about?  Or, maybe her and her troop are just traveling thru tornado alley on the way to their next stop.  Who knows...but it's fun imagining.

No comments:

Post a Comment