Thursday, March 31, 2011

When Did My Lust For Boxes Begin?

For as long as I can remember I have always LOVED boxes...and really, not just boxes, but containers... formally known as vessels.  If I dig deep enough, I think it's the "organized" part of me that lusts for the organizational strength that a simple box can supply.  I also share the same passion for baskets.  Not the hokey baskets of days past (get that out of your head right now!).  I'm talking about the rustic and sturdy "looks nice in a bookshelf" basket.  Another post for another time, I'm sure!

I found this ordinary unpainted cigar box at Michael's recently and it was just begging for a paint job.  So off I went!  The centers of the flowers are seed beads.  Everything is hand painted with the exception of the squares on the sides which were stamped on.  Currently this box holds a gazillion bottles of seed beads.  Next week it may hold something entirely different since I don't think I have found a permanent use for it yet.  And, I seem to always be in a state of organization and re-organization.  Can you say "obsessive compulsive tendencies?" Hey, at least I'm honest!  I see a support group in my future.  Really.




2 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,

    Thanks a lot for sharing your new blog with me, another sister from the Traveling Journal 'hood." The playfulness and joy from creating your seemngly unlimited array of beautiful things sparkes through your blog.When I visited your house, I was in awe not only of your artistic productivity but also of the beautiful things you have made that are real touches of love in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another thing -- I look forward to exploring the cool links you posted for us. What fun!

    ReplyDelete