Thursday, March 31, 2011

International Easter Bunny Dotee Doll Swap

So begins the start of my Dotee Doll obsession...

I had never heard of a Dotee Doll until I joined my first Dotee Doll Swap over at Milliande hosted by Monika from Australia.  Let's just say I dove in head first and signed up for the swap before I had any idea of what a Dotee was.

What's a Dotee Doll you ask?

Dotee Dolls were invented by an Australian lady named Dorothy Christian (Dot) hence the name Dotee. They are small handmade dolls between 4 to 6 inches long with no arms and no legs. Instead they have a hanger and a tail. They can be made with any kind of fabric and stitched together either by hand or with a sewing machine. They can be embellished with all sorts of things like beads, buttons, embroidery, paint, glitter, etc. They are never to be sold, only traded or given as gifts.

Here are my submissions for the swap.  Meet "the dotee sisters"...

                   Miss Stormy Dawn
                                                                     Miss Delilah Blus
      Miss Fancy Dancer
















Miss Misty Blus


No comments:

Post a Comment